Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring? Break!

Wow! It certainly does not feel like spring! It is freezing today and the weather is threatening snow flurries! Pretty funny for April?

It has been quite a while since I've blogged, but I really want to be more intentional about sharing who I really am in a way others can see on a daily basis. I LOVE to invest in my ever growing relationships with people and thought this would be a good way be transparently available to others.

This week is our Spring Break. I am quite busy for someone who has no vacation plans with my family this week. I am working on a sewing project for YACS. (Young Americans Christian School) The Kindergartners are performing a Presidents On Parade program in a few weeks and I'm making some army general costumes for some pretty handsome 5 year olds. I'm a little excited about this project because I normally am working on window treatment projects. So, costumes are different and challenging for me.

Also, my sweet girlfriend, Amy K. is celebrating her Bday today. I think I'm going to bake her a triple layer chocolate peanut butter cup cake. It's her fave! My 3 boys are spending the night with their Nonnie tonight so I should be very productive with a quiet house this afternoon. Maybe I can talk my hubby into taking me out to dinner tonight (as long as we are back home in time for American Idol).
I hope your day is also productive. XO to you all!

1 comment:

Jill Hill said...

Hey Laurie! I just saw on FB that you started blogging. I have been blogging for exactly a year. It has been the best outlet, spriritually, emotionally, and otherwise! It has become also like a scrapbook so to speak of our everyday lives.

I just recently made my blog private after Lem pretty much insisted. He said that I get way too personal, so he politely requested that it be privatized. ;)

I am going to add you to my "invitation list" so you can check it out. I will definitely start checking yours as well. :)

Hope you guys are well!!

Love,

Jill Hill